The Blue Skies quilt is done! Here are some pics of the quilting and binding. I ended up going with a swirl pattern for the quilting, and I'm really happy with how everything turned out. Not a pucker in sight!
I am also going to put a little blanket together for his older sister, so she isn't feeling forgotten.
Some days are better sewing days than other, unfortunately when I went to get the backing and binding fabric, I don't know where my head was. I bought twice the amount of binding fabric i needed. Instead of doubling the width of the binding to make a double binding, I doubled the double binding width! Yikes. To make matters worse I realized this AFTER I had sewn it on. I ended up rolling it twice to get to down to the right width. The edges of this quilt are darn near bullet proof now :) Oh well, lesson learned. Never try and rush through buying fabric, it never goes well.