Monday, October 18, 2010


My current project came to life because of all of the scraps of fabric I was left over with when I finished my alphabet quilt. Being an eager beaver, I cut ALL of the fat quarters I bought for the letters into 1 1/4" strips. Needless to say I greatly over estimated how much fabric was needed to make the letters, and had around 80 leftover pre-cut strips... yikes

I saw this beautiful quilt and decided to use my leftovers to make a primary color version of it. I have no idea how big it is going to be, but I have high hopes for the end result. There was enough to do three squares in each color combo. I have already strip-pieced most of the squares, only a few more to go.

Unfortunately all of this cutting has seriously dulled my rotary cutter, and the replacement blades are insanely expensive. Well worth it in time saved cutting, but still $30.00 for a 5 pack seems excessive to me.

Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment