Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hemming Jeans

The other day I went through my closet and took out every pair of jeans that were too long. Holding a stack of 5 or 6 jeans, I realized I had been wearing one pair of jeans over and over because they were hemmed, and all of these others were sitting in my closet, only occasionally getting worn when I felt like donning a very high heel.


After letting the stack of jeans stare me in the face on my ironing board for about a week, I finally plucked up the muster to sit down and hem them all.

3 hours later, and I now have a bevy of jeans in my closet that fit me!


A while ago I learned a tip from a seamstress on how to hem jeans so it doesn't look like you had them hemmed. Since I have one pair of jeans left to hem (not mine though!) I'll post a tutorial on jean hemming so they look like this!



Yes, that is the finished hem after the jeans have been shortened :)

Happy sewing!

Janice

2 comments:

  1. There is a lady here is Sacramento that is known for restoring the the original hem to the bottom of jeans. She charges like $35, but lots of people go to her cause that is a truely desirable skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm posting a tutorial on how its done! Hope it inspires you to take on the task yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete